In this example I'll be using VS Code to edit the frontend.
- Clone the Repository
- Change to the relevant branch (currently
- Install the .Net Core SDK (latest) https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-core
- Install NodeJS and Tools for Node.js Native Modules
- Install Yarn
- Set the Env variable to development
$env:ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT = "Development"in Powershell
- Open up a New Terminal in the following location:
~src/Ombi/ClientApp, run the following:
yarn(wait for it to install all dependencies)
- Go to
~/src/Ombiin a Terminal Window and run
dotnet run -- --host http://*:5000
- Navigate to http://localhost:5000/
You can now make UI changes and it will use Hot Module Reloading to show the changes.
If you are doing this on your server machine changing the environment will make your Ombi install fail to run.
Be sure to change the environment back to
production to re-run Ombi.